The King's Men Tour


What do you get when you put four power house performers together in one arena? You get an amazing show that will leave you completely breathless!

I had the pleasure of seeing Donnie McClurkin, Marvin Sapp, Israel Houghton and Kirk Franklin perform live at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut last month and could not believe the amazing show that my $50 afforded me. My expectations were that each man would have their own set and perform 2 or 3 of their hit songs for the crowd before we were dismissed. I was pleasantly surprised that the show lasted 2+ hours and is easily classified as one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life!!

All 4 performers were on stage at the same time for the majority of the show, supporting and singing background for each other. To me this demonstrated unity and humility because each of them is at the level in their career where they could demand their own spotlighted segment. Taking this unified approach resulted in a show that was seamless and lacking in dramatic and abrupt transitions.

The energy in the arena was electric and I for one experienced several emotions throughout the night. About half way through the show, the audience broke out into worship as Donnie McClurkin sung his latest hit song "I Call You Faithful". Everyone was on their feet praising God as Israel Houghton performed his hit song "Rejoice". The audience couldn't help but cry as Marvin Sapp sung a beautiful rendition of his hit "Never Would Have Made It". And finally, we couldn't help but dance as Kirk Franklin sung the throwback hit "Stomp".    
At one point, Kirk Franklin stated that there had been several glitches throughout the night, but he and I must have been watching a completely different show because I definitely didn't notice any glitches because everything seemed to flow so well! 
To accentuate the already phenomenal combination of the "Four Kings", the background featured season 4 Sunday Best winner, Amber Bullock, and vocal phenom, Isaac Carree.
The King's Men Tour is still plowing forward and I'm sure will be coming to a city near you. This is a must see so get your tickets fast at http://www.ticketmaster.com/The-Kings-Men-tickets/artist/1728730

The talented and handsome King's Men

The King's Men showing their "lighter side" 
Kirk Franklin joins us in the audience!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BET's Newest Reality TV Show

God’s Original Design (G.O.D)